We all share in the responsibility of building peace between America and the Muslim World. Even if you are not able to volunteer abroad yourself, there are many different ways to get involved. America’s Unofficial Ambassadors encourages you to:
- Commit to Volunteer. Take a look at the diverse set of opportunities listed in the AUA Directory, from building a house in Tajikistan to teaching English in the West Bank, and find something that is right for you. Need some help? Send us an email.
- Support a Volunteer. If volunteering isn’t in the cards for you right now, donate to support AUA. Your contribution will go to theMosaic Scholarship program and enable someone else to volunteer. Support a Mosaic Scholar.
- Host an Event. The best place to raise awareness is in your own community. If you would like to host an AUA event and speakercontact us today.
- Become a Mentor. We are looking for experienced volunteers, returned Peace Corps volunteers, development practitioners, and others to serve as part of a mentoring corps for new volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested.
- Share your Experience. Nothing motivates good action and changes perceptions more than stories of service and partnership. If you are volunteering now, are planning to volunteer, or have returned from your volunteering experience, contact us with your story and let’s figure out how to share it.
- Like us on Facebook. We are building a community of unofficial ambassadors who want to build peace and create change. Join that community and like us on Facebook.